- What do I do after a car accident?
- Auto Accidents Are Some Leading Causes of Death / Injuries in the US
After a Seattle car accident, it is important to know what to do to protect your rights. Of course, the first step is to contact 911 for police and medical treatment help. Once everyone is out of danger, begin writing down and/or photographing as much information as possible. Information of particular importance includes:
(1) Names, driver’s license numbers, contact information (at least home address and phone number) and auto insurance company information of all drivers.
(2) Information about any witnesses that observed the accident, including names and contact information for all passengers, pedestrians, and witnesses.
(3) Precise location, date, and time of the accident.
(4) A detailed description of the accident. Information such as which direction, at what speed, weather, road conditions, physical and mental conditions, and injuries should all be noted. Drawing a diagram can be very helpful.
(5) Identify all police and rescue personnel at the scene, including towns, ambulance companies, and, if possible, names and identity information for individuals.
Getting Help From Seattle Car Accident Attorney
At Shaw Legal Solutions, Steve Shaw has represented victims of car and auto accident negligence in Seattle for more than two decades. Our personal injury law firm has proven experience and expertise, as well as a background of success in cases involving automobile accidents.
Our Seattle auto accident lawyers are here to help you during the entire litigation process, from answering your questions to enforcing your legal rights. If you or a family member has suffered significant personal injuries as the result of the negligent operation of an auto vehicle, please contact us. You can call us at (425) 214-4946. You may also contact me online.